Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I heart Vietnamese food...

I will state plainly and clearly, this post does not compare to my partner in crime's post on yesterday evening. He got a true taste of Vietnamese male activities as the ladies in the office laughed at what our engineer and intern would go through that evening. True confirmation of my suspicions on gender roles in Vietnam.

To be honest, glad I didn't have to dance my night away. I'm still suffering from jet lag....

http://crossinghcm.blogspot.com/2007/06/pats-night-out.html


OK. Now about food.


I'm slowly adjusting to all the good food in Ho Chi Minh. After a day of eating only bread, I'm alive and well, ready to dig into the food again!

A few of my favorite things:

-Bahn mi trung (egg sandwhich, veggies with some type of spice and fish paste)
-Pho chay (vegetarian noodle soup)
-Ban Xeo (egg/flour omlet wrapped in lettuce--i.e. vietnamese crepes)
-buoi (pomelo--big grapefruit)
-mang cut (mangosteen
-soda chanh (soda, crushed lemon juice and sugar)
-cafe sua da (iced coffee with condensed milk)
-nuoc suoi (bottled water hehe)



I also found MILO, my favorite drink from those Japanese days...

As I explore other regions of Vietnam, there will be more posts on the food :)


p.s.

1 comment:

Viet Pat said...

Many thanks for the shout out. I second the food sentiment - though I haven't had the privilege of being reduced to bread and water for any sustained period (yet).